Melissa Mose, LMFT (lic. #32575) is a Marriage and Family Therapist licensed by the State of California since 1995. Her academic qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature and a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology. Melissa has complete doctoral course work for her Ph.D in Clinical Psychology, “all but dissertation,” at Pacifica Graduate Institute in Santa Barbara.
- Cognitive Neuroscience Study Group with acclaimed author and child psychiatrist, Dan Siegel for five years.
- Scoring and Interpretation of the Adult Attachment Interview – with Mary Main and Eric Hesse of UC Berekely
- Certified as a Reliable Coder of the Adult Attachment Interview
- Trauma Resiliency Model Basic Training with Jan Click and Jennifer Burton from Trauma Resiliency Institute
- Couples and Family Therapy with Terry Real from the Relational Life Institute
- Treatment of OCD through the Behavioral Therapy Training Institute at the International OCD Foundation. Graduate of the Behavioral Therapy Institute (BTTI) in 2009
- Advanced Forum for the Treatment of OCD BTTI in 2015.
- Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics through the Tourette’s Association of America
- Senior clinician at the OCD Center of Los Angeles treating Anxiety Disorders, specifically OCD and the OC Spectrum disorders. Her clinical work at the OCD Center of Los Angeles included Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for adults, adolescents, and children with a wide range of conditions, including Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Social Anxiety, Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Hypochondria (health anxiety), Panic Disorder, Phobias, Trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling), Dermatillomania (compulsive skin picking, or CSP)
- Teaching stress reduction and anxiety management to assists patients the Huntington Reproductive Center in West Los Angeles, Encino and Westlake Village,
- Performing full psychological and psycho-educational assessments at the Step Group in Tarzana,
- Director of Guidance at Chaminade College Preparatory High School
Working with adolescents and their families has been Melissa’s primary focus since she began her work as an intern in 1992. In her two decades of work as a licensed therapist in private practice, she has treated adults, adolescents and children with a wide variety of struggles including; anxiety and depression; relationship difficulties and communication skills; grief, loss, and trauma; ADHD, learning disabilities and other school difficulties including lack of motivation; defiant/disruptive behaviors; attachment and separation; parent-child conflict; divorce; crisis management, and other mental health and relational challenges as well as addiction. Group Therapy has been a staple in her private practice. She has run many teen groups and workshops for teenagers and their parents. Melissa also specializes in working with Anxiety disorders including OCD and the OC Spectrum Disorders.
Melissa is a professional member of the:
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT),
- International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation (IOCDF).
- The Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- The Tourette Association of America
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS)
Publications and Presentations
- Parenting with the Teen Brain in Mind – developed in Collaboration with Tina Bryson
- Prescriptions for Parenting – presented with pediatrician Dr. Buddy Zuckow
- Research acknowledge in the following publications: